The candidates on 3rd May were:
The incumbents were Munn (SNP), Munro (Labour), Thomas (LibDem). The turnout last time was 8,391 out of 16,178. The 2012 results are all on Edinburgh Council Elections, Ward 13 – Leith.
So on 3rd May at noon I made seven predictions. How well did I do? Under the cut.
Although I’ve been campaigning for Gordon Murdie, I can’t vote for him (Though I would put him first preference if I could.) Southside/Newington is a ward where I don’t think any prediction is possible – not even by looking at what happened last time.
Whereas in my own ward (ward 13, Leith) I think I can make predictions. There are 7 candidates standing, and 3 seats. The incumbents are Munn (SNP), Munro (Labour), Thomas (LibDem).
- Chas Booth: Scottish Green Party
- Irvine Wallace McMinn: Liberal Party in Scotland
- Adam McVey: Scottish National Party
- Rob Munn: Scottish National Party
- Gordon Munro: Scottish Labour Party
- Nicola Ross: Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Marjorie Thomas: Scottish Liberal Democrats
Turnout last time was 8,391 out of 16,178. Four candidates must be eliminated and three will get seats. What’s my predictions?